JCS Equestrian Google Calendar

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Decisions

Right then - the time has come to make some decisions. I am going to go freelance. As a riding instructor that is. I think it is the right thing to do. It is certainly something I have pondered for some time and it should provide me with more flexibility than my current job - driving 80 miles a day there and back. I am sure there are some grass-roots riders in North Lincolnshire that I could help improve their riding and partnership with their horses? I already have a few friends that I teach with mates rates at the moment and they have all said to me that they would pay me properly if I could teach them more regularly. They have also kindly said that they would be willing to spread the word as to my services. I can but take a giant leap into the abyss of self-employment and see how it goes. My boyfriend already does and he manages so why not me as well hey?

I have had a good read of fellow Blogger Wiola's blog and she has inspired me a little to go for it. I know it will be hard and I will have to be incredibly organised. However I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual (nickname is Jodibonkers) and feel I can do this if I really want to and I want to.

So, let's see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jodi, I am happy you found something inspirational in my scribbles! I wish you all the best in setting yourself up and I am glad you are far away from me as you sound like a tough competition ;)
    Freelancing is great most of the time and I am always happy to share some ins and outs. Feel free to leave me a comment or email ridinginstructor at gmail dot com if I can be of help.
    And Happy Xmas :)
    Wiola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wiola! I think I may end up picking your brains about the whole thing :-) I'll write you an email when I am more organised!

    I am looking forward to the challenge and I expect it to be pretty tough to start with but if it gives me more flexibility and freedom to teach my way then it has got to be the right decision.

    Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year too,

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete