JCS Equestrian Google Calendar

Saturday 5 June 2010

Late but worth it!

Well bloggers!  Guess what?

I only flippin' won and came 3rd at my dressage competition on Bank Holiday Monday!  Super M came 1st in the Intro A (63.47%) and we were 3rd in the Prelim 7(59%) .  Not bad seeing as that was M's 5th schooling session!  I have suddenly become more confident in my abilities as a rider and a coach - what a lovely feeling to bring on a simple little cob mare who has NEVER done dressage before and for her to be all perky and enjoy it too.

What's also mega fab is that my BFF rode her round the XC and she came 2nd in that too!  All in a days work!  If you want a good set up and nice inviting XC jumps, Caistor Equestrian is your place.

What's even more exciting is that I am show jumping her tomorrow now at Messingham Show (come along too??)  We're just going for the Novice Horse to start with, what with this being my first competition since forever and after my hip injury.

I am really looking forward to more dressage - I think it's my thing :-)

I've decided that I'll try extra hard tomorrow for my friend Chrissie who died last month.  It's her birthday tomorrow and I miss more than I knew I would.  So if I do well at all tomorrow, it'll be because she's watching from her little perfect cloud in heaven - thanks Chris :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment